We understand the difficulty of deciding what is best for a loved one. It is often a decision that needs to be made quickly and one that we are not knowledgeable enough to make without much research. Some families might think they must put their loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility. They would need to move them away from home – the one place they feel comfortable and happy. That is not the case!
You may have promised your parents that you will never put them in a home. Most elders would like to stay in their own home where all their belongings and, more importantly, memories reside. Home care offers all levels of care your family might need whether that is a companion for socialization, a CNA or PCA for light housekeeping, medication reminders, meal preparation and more, or a LPN or RN for wound care, disease care and management, therapy and rehab services and more.
- Care in the comfort of their own home
- Customized care plans suited to their individual needs
- One on one care and supervision
- Personal choice from day to day
- Ability to easily decrease or increase the level of service in the home
- Increased life expectancy
- Being able to stay in the home where they have a multitude of memories and love
- Ability to stay near neighbors, enjoy the sunset from their own back yard, keep their pets, etc.
- Promotes healing
- Maximum amount of freedom
- Reduces stress
- In many cases, is less expensive than other forms of care
- Preferred from of care
While there are certain situations that require nursing home care, most elders prefer to stay in their own homes. Nursing homes do provide social opportunities and a regular schedule. This option may or may not be the right choice for your family. It takes many conversations and research to find the right option and we hope you choose to stay at home!
While making your choice between a facility and home care, you also have to make a choice between which facility or home care company to use. We can help you decide which home health care company is right for your family. Use this Home Health Agency Checklist to help in your decisions! You may also call today for a free in-home assessment!